Author: Marla Hingley
You’ll never think of hamburgers the same again! Rosemary flavored steak thinly sliced, lettuce tossed with homemade Caesar dressing, all between a crunchy broiled garlic bun.
- 1 lb steak roulade*
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp GF Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp pepper
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 GF hamburger buns
- 2 Tbsp butter, margarine, or olive oil
- Garlic salt or powder
- 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (optional)
- For the steak, cut roulade slices into strips about 3 inches long by 1 inch wide. Toss with remaining ingredients, then fry in a hot skillet until fully cooked. Be sure not to crowd the skillet, you many need to do it in a few batches. If you cook too many at one time, excess moisture from the meat will start to ‘boil’ the meat, rather than sear it.
- For the dressing, you can use a blender or mix it by hand. In a blender, add yolk, lemon juice and mustard. Turn machine on and mix, and with the machine still running, slowly pour the oil in a very thin stream through the top. Once all the oil has been added and emulsified, pour into a dish and add whisk in remaining ingredients (except lettuce). Toss dressing with lettuce and set aside. To make the dressing by hand follow the same steps as above instead using a large bowl and a whisk. It may take a bit longer to thicken up, but it will get there!
- Brush the split buns with olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of garlic salt. Broil in oven until just starts to toast. If desired, add 1 Tbsp of cheese to one side of each bun, and continue broiling until cheese is melted, or toast is golden.
- Assemble burger with some steak slices, lettuce mixture, and enjoy!
Roulade are pre-cut thin cut strips of beef you can find in the meat department. If you can’t find it, you can always buy flank steak. Cook it, then slice it thinly across the grain.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider making a comment