Monday, September 27, 2010

Orangy Chicken Salad

I'm trying to watch my diet. I was doing fine over the summer. But every year when Fall approaches I start putting on the pounds again. Guess my body's getting ready for the long, hard winter. Anyhow, I've been looking for good fruit and veggie dishes and this one looks like a keeper. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'll let you know how it is. It looks delicious, but sometimes looks are deceiving. If it's not good, I'll take the video off my site immediately. Fair enough? OK, here it is. Just click on the picture.



Recipe

Ingredients

5 oz. fresh baby spinach
1/2 sliced cucumber
1/2 sliced sweet onion
2 sliced Navel oranges
2 grilled chicken breasts

1/2 C.soy milk
1/4 C. toasted sesame oil
1/4 C. canola oil
3 TBL. rice vinegar
2 TBL white miso paste
2 TBL. fresh chopped ginger
1 TBL. honey

Instructions

Place fresh vegetables into a large salad bowl.
Add grilled chicken slices.
Process dressing ingredients in blender
Add to vegetables and combine.
Ladle salad onto individual plates.
Enjoy!
(serves four)

The dressing in this recipe is creamy in texture and rich in flavor, but there isn't a drop of dairy in it. Made with miso and soy milk, this dressing tastes like what you would find in a restaurant. Use it for Asian salads with chicken, shrimp, or steak; try it as a dip for crudites or as a sauce for seared salmon.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider making a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment