For films and festival passes, click here.
Wanna go for free? Tell us your favorite movie with a Louisville connection and we’ll give away a pair of passes to this weekend’s festival. Click here to post your comment.
In the independent film Another Earth, which stars Louisville native William Mapother, another earth is discovered in outer space . . . and it’s populated with duplicates of us. Which means, of course, there’s another 20,000 Friends of Lou out there. On the night of the discovery, an ambitious young student and an accomplished composer cross paths in a tragic accident. If you wonder how cool the other Louisville might be, here’s a link to the movie trailer.
Watch Out, Hollywood and Bollywood, Here Comes . . . Louiswood?
Ok, maybe not yet. But how cool is it that there are some stars in town for a film shoot? Tan Lines is a movie about Owen "Game Set" Match. He’s one of the top tennis pros in town, employed by the prestigious Fountain Club, with gimp knees and tan lines that make women swoon. Sounds like Happy Gilmore with a tennis racquet.
Click here to see a summary of the movie on set in Louisville from producer Gill Holland.
What’s a movie without its stars? Here are some people you might recognize who are in town this month for the film:
- Josh Hopkins of Cougar Town.
- Cameron Monaghan of Showtime’s Shameless.
- Alexie Gilmore of Surfer Dude.
- Billy Magnussen and Dash Mihok of The Day After Tomorrow.
- Kevin Sussman of The Big Bang Theory and Ugly Betty.
- Guillermo Diaz of Weeds and Mercy.
- Sam McMurray of Raising Arizona and The Tracey Ullman Show.
Although being a Friend of Lou makes you a star in our books, what about hanging out with some?
Ten lucky Friends of Lou will get:
- A signed Festival poster by William Mapother.
- A CD from a sonaBLAST! Records artist.
- To be an extra in the film Tan Line. Filming will be in Louisville on the afternoon / evening of June 20.
And may the best Friend of Lou win.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider making a comment