Friday, September 23, 2011

Blogging challenge


 Yes it's me, writing about blogging on my bed and breakfast/food/recipe/travel blog. I just thought that my blog needed to be infused with new energy and that this challenge would do the trick. I'm not very good at blogging on a regular schedule. In fact, I don't even have a schedule. I just post whenever I feel like it. And, fortunately, I feel like it most of the time. But sometimes, when life gets in the way, I become a little lax and more than a week or so will go by and I'll suddenly realize that I haven't written to my wonderful followers, and anyone else who might drop by, in a while.

So this is the first post of one new one every week for the next hundred days. I can't promise they will always be on the same day, but I'm gonna try to stick to the once a week thing. The challenge was originated by Julie Isaac, an author and content creation coach, who has a blog at: Blog.Writing Spirit.Com/ She has challenged anyone who blogs to commit to a certain number of posts on their blogs each week for a period of 100 days. The challenge begins today.

I know how much many of you like my articles on food and the recipes I include with a lot of my posts, so I think I will rely heavily on that type of post during the challenge. Of course, if something travelwise or B&B wise comes up, I'll be sure to let you know. Please feel feel to drop by and keep an eye on me to see if I'm living up to my commitment....Thanks, Nancy

If you enjoyed this post, please consider making a comment

8 comments:

  1. Think of it like exercise (yes, a hard habit to make) and how good you'll feel after... I don't know how you write for three blogs. That's impressive by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda, thanks for the comment and for following my site. I actually write for five blogs, four are mine and I also post regularly on the Louisville Bed and Breakfast blog and write for three on-line magazines and guest post frequently That's what I do all day long.And I do it because I love it. It has really improved my writing over the past three years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do all that either! And run a B&B! I try to post on both of my blogs once a week. I notice some people write everyday or every few days. I don't necessarily think everyone wants to hear what I have to say every single day. Once week sounds perfect to me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm a fellow SW-er and also taking the Shine Challenge. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fi, nice of you to drop by my site and comment. Good luck toyou too on the blogging challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Michael Ann: Here are a few reasons why I'm able to do all the writing, etc I do: I don't have a husband or partner to take care of, or kids, or a full time job away from my home that I have to get dressed for, drive to, and act normal at. I have lots of help in my B&B, enabling me to have free time to write 4-5 hours a day.
    BTW, Michael Ann, lots of people love what you write, including me...keep it up. You never know where it'll all end up. And start writing that Children's Book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cartoon!

    I think getting into a routine on anything (like exercise) is helpful. That said, I love that with Blogger one can schedule posts ahead of time, so if the muse is really being cooperative, I can write blogs ahead of time and SCHEDULE them to go up when it's time. Quite envious of your free time, but someday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beverly. Thanks for the comment. I do the same thing. As a matter of fact, I have a couple of drafts waiting in the wings right now.

    ReplyDelete