Sunday, November 13, 2011

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake


Ingredients4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Instructions
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

If you enjoyed this post, please consider making a comment

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy! This looks DElicious. I will definitely give this a try. I'm sure my boys would enjoy doing this. I saw this on FB and realize I don't see any of your updates! I'm sure it's a FB issue. Picking and choosing who I see on my page. Grrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele Ann, I was thinking about you when I posted this. I'm sure your boys will love this recipe. My granddaughter made it and she thought it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Valfrid, for stopping by and commenting. If you try it, let me know how it turns out. My grand daughter said it was more like a chocolate pudding than cake. That sound good to me. I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert, Hope you enjoyed the post and the visit to my site. Thanks

    ReplyDelete